Friday, May 3, 2013

{MFT} Teasers Day 4


Hi Stampy Friends! Today I'm going to show you MFT's new Vertical Frame die-namic


I had the idea to use the frame as a fancy front door and thought I needed some new decor on my mantle piece, so I converted a 5x7 wood frame into a crafty homemade dimensional piece of art!


I wanted the frame art to look similar to my front entrance, so I stamped the woodgrain stamp from Western Backgrounds in Kraft ink, onto my 'door' (which cuts into 2 pieces- hence the frame part of the name) and then popped up the middle section for some depth. I also sponged around the door with Hot Fudge ink and added some nails (mini brads) and a doorknob. 


The wreath is actually a Mini Doily die, with the middle cut out using a Circle STAX die. I added flowers and greenery using the Trellis and Vine die-namic. Another mini brad nails the wreath to the door, and I added a double Hemp Cord bow.
The 'siding' was created using Paver Red CS (which is pretty much the same colour as the siding on my house!). I cut two strips of 5x11 CS and scored them both, alternating between 1 and 1/2" intervals (1, 1.5, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7, 7.5, 8.5, 9, 10, 10.5) and accordion folded them, making crisp edges with my bone folder. I then cut a 5x7 piece of lightweight chipboard and covered it with heavy duty double sided tape. I adhered the siding to the chipboard. Trim off access siding.


My door doesn't open right onto grass, but I felt the door needed to be grounded a bit and the Grassy Edges die was called for ;) I cut the letters from Kraft CS with the By the Numbers Uppercase die-namics. I adhered the wide double sided tape to the backside of the CS prior to cutting so that I could easily stick the letters to the frame (I gave the frame a good vinegar wash so that the letters would adhere nicely). The flowers were cut from MFT Felt, using Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose, Royal Rose and Rolled Rose die-namics. The leaves were cut from the Royal Leaves die.

Here is the frame, in it's new home on the mantle. 


And here is my actual front door with my paver red siding :) I snapped a few shots of my middle boy, Jake, this afternoon! Finally the snow is melted and spring is rolling in!! Yay!



Be sure to check out the MFT blog to see what the other designers have in store for us today!!

Here are the MFT supplies that I've used today:


20 comments:

Angel said...

Totally LOVE this!!!! I need to make one for our house and what a fab housewarming gift!

Linda McClain said...

Shut the front door!!!! Holy freakin' cow. This is so out-side-the-box amazing.

Denise Bryant said...

LOVE this! Great way to use the vertical frame die.... fantastic wreath and extra touches to make this so special!

Davi said...

Fabulous, so creative ;) Love the way it turned out! Sweet pic of your son too.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute.

Lezlye said...

Wow this is Awesome!

Gypsy 2 said...

Love it!!!!!What a great way to use this new dienamic in such a different way.It does pay to think outside the box!

Craftyfield said...

Making the door out of the Vertical Frame is a clever idea, lovely project.

Susan said...

Wow! What a creative use of the vertical frame die. And your son is adorable!!!

Susan said...

Wow! What a creative use of the vertical frame die. And your son is adorable!!!

wendy said...

WOW amazing framed piece of art Jenny, looks fab on your mantle! cute lil buckeroo too ;)

Tami B. said...

Cute project & cute little cowboy.

Tricia T said...

Jenny! This is fabulous!!! What a precious piece of art -- and that picture of your little cowboy is doubly precious!!

Tricia

g said...

awesome art you created! i love the red siding in your frame & in real life- how fun! & such a sweet photo of your little cowboy too :)

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous decor piece Jenny!! I love it!! And your little man is too adorable!

Amy said...

WOW!!! THis is beautiful!! What an awesome use of this die. BRAVO

Golda said...

Gorgeous work and a really cute boy to boot!

Julie said...

Clever use of that die. And everyone should have a cute cowboy in their life...I've got two myself...ages 11 and 6...

Cindi said...

Beautiful frame! I love the way you used the dies.

Tammy H said...

Truly an example of art imitating life. The frame is stunning. Thanks for sharing.