Tuesday, January 1, 2013

(MFT) Teaser Time- Day One

Oh my Goodness! I am so nervous about my first ever Teaser post as part of the MFT Design Team!! You'd think this is my first blog post ever! Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on my blog post yesterday and on MFT's Facebook page! You really made my day with your kind words, so thank you!

Now enough with the sappy stuff and onto what you are here for! This months first day of MY FAVORITE THINGS teasers! Today we are showing you two fabby sets by Lisa Johnson Designs: Homespun Hearts (and coordinating Rustic Hearts die-namics) and Hearts and Stitches.


I created a pattern with one of the stamps from Hearts and Stitches on my ivory panel in the back, using kraft ink. And see all of the stitching around the rectangles? That is one of the border stamps included in that set! It looks so realistic and is long enough that you can make a continuous stamp without constant re-inking and lining up.

The hearts from Homespun Hearts were stamping in MFT's WILD CHERRY ink ( OMG- I LOVE this ink! *need it in every colour*). They were cut out with the coordinating die and popped up on dimensionals. I also added a button from the Hot Fudge collection, tied off with MFT's Hemp Cord. I also had my first crack at MFT's card stock with this card (Wild Cherry & Hot Fudge...boy oh boy- I have a few more addictions to contend with!)

See that Layered Heart Border die there in the back? That's one of our brand new dies as well! So fun!


Here is the inside of my card, featuring more stitching from Hearts & Stitches, one  of Homespun Hearts sentiments and a snippet of that Layered Heart Border die.


Here are the new Die-namics that I've used in my card:



Want to see more from the Design Team? I know you do, so go on over to the My Favorite Things blog for a list of participating designers. Catch ya back here tomorrow for our next Teaser!!! Thanks for dropping by!




40 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Welcome to the MFT family Jenny! Your card is beautiful inside and out! Love the faux stitching and embossed background!

Jill Norwood said...

Jenny - Welcome to MFT! I am a long time customer and am so happy for you!! Your card is GORGEOUS! Love how you showcased the stamps and that delicious heart border die! It is the first day and I already can tell this will be a release that I will end up spending lots of money on! So fun!
My birthday is in January so I feel I can SPLURGE! LOL!
:) Jill Greenwoodgirlcards.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Wow, that "stitching" sure adds so much to your adorable design. Love all the layers and the colors are perfect! Congrats again on your first "official" post.

Heather said...

Your card looks so beautiful, love that layered heart border :)

Linda McClain said...

Rock and Roll! You Rocked it, girl! I love it. Love all your touches and how you used all these new toys! Those color combos are stunning. Onward and forward.

jonim52 said...

Love all the stitching. Great job on your first post. Awesome!

PJH said...

Don't know what you were nervous about!!! Your creations are always beautiful!!! This is stunning! Congrats on making the MFT DT :)

Deborah Frings said...

Many congratulations on joining the MFT DT. I just love this card - the faux stitching is fab (just what I need) and the heart flowers are great. Great work!

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! I really LOVE your card for today!! The elements and your fun inking make it AMAZING!! :). Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Absolutely adorable, Jenny! I love how you made the center flowers steam longer...very clever and your stamped stitching looks fabulous...SO realistic! Love everything about this card, hun! Welcome to MFT, Jenny!
Hugs,t

Cindi said...

Nervous? Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you stamped the stems and heart background in kraft. The colors are just stunning.

Monique1971 said...

Hi Jenny! Love your card and how you used the heart dies. Beautiful!

Congrats on your spot in de MFT design team!!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo beautiful! love the red and hot fudge (I always forget to use those two colors together.). diggin' the zig zag stitching everywhere :)

Cyndi said...

Glad to be able to view your lovely MFT creations.

scrappingnana said...

Congrats on the MFT DT. Love your pretty card and your use of the heart dies & stamps. TFS

wendy said...

WOW terrific card Jenny...love the homespun feel .. way to rock your first teaser

Nana Griffin said...

A great job on your post and the card. Love those hearts.

Katie Skiff said...

Jenny you are so worthy!! You rocked this first one too, so I can't wait to see what you created thsi week!! Congrats!!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS card girlie! LOVE the stamped stitching around the panels!!! All the layers make me happy too!! LOVE!

Sherrie said...

Love your creative inking on the stems.....a really pretty touch!

Elizabeth said...

Your card is stunning. So many different elements. Love the stamped stitching around the panels.

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card... love the color combo!!

Alina said...

it's a gorgeous card, Jenny!

ginalovesdave said...

Very pretty! I love the inside of the card, it just finishes it off perfectly!

Shari said...

Jenny this card is so beautiful!

Hugs;
Shari

zehra said...

beautiful card, i loved the stiched look, it is amazing, love your card and style as always.

Shanna Shands said...

I am excited about your card.

Pam said...

Love your beautiful card! So pretty.

Laurie said...

Love the stitching.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Fabulous job showing off that set!! This card just rocks girl!! When my stamping abilities grow up, we wanna be you :)

stampingbowd said...

Great colors and I love the the layered heart border!!! Terrific card! Congrats on getting your first MFT DT post up and running!

Angel said...

such a yummy color combo! too bad the picture is so dark!!!! LMAO, I can't even type it with a straight face! ;) Couldn't resist! but seriously... this is FAB!

Tricia Barber said...

Love the black stitching detail!! Really perfect for the Valentine cards!! Thank you for sharing!

Flo said...

Very cute card. I love the black stitching. This set is great.

Susan said...

Wow! love that zig zag stamp. I thought it was real stitching!

Tracey said...

Congrats on being a full-time part of the team! So deserved!!

Love this card! Gorgeous work!!

Elle said...

This is SO darling!

Kelley said...

Adorable card! Seeing the inside, I need to start finishing mine. :)

Ravengirl said...

Love grows here is a wonderful sentiment to go with your heart flowers!

mplsbetty said...

Thtat new layered heart border is so fun!! Love it.