Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{MFT} New Product Tour

  It's finally time to shop! This has been a whirlwind week for me, trying to keep up with all of my amazing team mates (EEK! Pinch me still!) over at My Favorite Things, and I cannot believe that everything went off without a hitch ;) I hope that you loved all of our projects, and are inspired to make some beautiful things of your own with MFT products! Everything is available for purchase in the online shop HERE, so get over there and start filling your virtual carts!
Don't forget to hop along to all of the MFT designer's New Product Tour blog hop- there is a hidden $50 prize voucher on one of the blogs! You won't know who it is, so the more blogs you stop at, the better your chances of winning!! The list of participating designers can be found on the MFT BLOG.

Tonight I am working with You Make My Day. This is a sentiment set that is filled with loads of really nice words. I love sets like this, as you can add them to just about anything or make them the focal point, which is what I did with my cards below....


For both cards, I used dies from Accent It: Labels and Tabs and made some graphic sort of designs. This is sooooo foreign to me, but it was super fun and easy and I can totally see copying these designs in the future.

This first one is my 'girl card' ;) I used hot pink, curry yellow and teal card stock and a LOT of white space (actually it's vanilla) I added some embossing on this first one, as the over abundance of plain white had me sweating...I think the embossing tones it down a tad! I also added a chunky rhinestone to the top of one of the die shapes. The sentiment was stamped onto one of the flags from that die set. It's topped with a Hemp Cord bow. Everything was popped up on dimensionals.


Here is the inside with another sentiment from the set stamped in black ink. Wow. this is as CAS as it's ever been for this girl!!! Oy!


Next up is my 'boy card' / Bob Marley card. I didn't notice til after it was made how Jamaican this one looks! lol! Totally unintentional! I just like the colours, haha!

I used more of those Accent It dies (they are a lot of fun!). I stamped the sentiment in black onto one of the arrow dies in that set. Again, all of the elements on this card are up on pop dots for added dimension.


The red CS you see is MFT's Wild Cherry. I am so impressed with this card stock... I can't wait to get more colours! You're probably sick of me beating a dead horse with the same two colours over and over again! But I do love the quality so get used to it til I get more of a selection, lol!


The inside has a little red square (cut from Accent It) and another sentiment (this is my personal fave sentiment from the set).


 Here are the dies and stamps that I've used tonight!



49 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love your cards & the embossing.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

zehra said...

Wow, love the bold colors and the accent dies

tricia barber said...

So mod!! Super cool!

scrappingnana said...

Lovely. Great use of the dies.

Unknown said...

Love how you used the new die set to create these cards.
You do such great cards and I can see why you have been
added to the design team!

Katie Skiff said...

Wow - very hip!! You did great this week lady!! Good job!!

Colleen said...

I really like your cards, I will be ordering the labels and tabs, I just love that die.

Mary Marsh said...

I love the graphic look of your cards using these new dies-after doing this blog hop I have a wish list a mile long (lol)!!

Sherry said...

Love the colors, shapes and embossing. very eye catching.

Davi said...

Love the bold colors and the great geometric look ;)

Marsha said...

Nice bright colors, fun die cuts. Love the sentiment set.

Kim said...

I love the embossed hexagons. Beautiful cards.

Natalie said...

Fun and very creative way to use the shapes! Love the sentiments, too!!

Sandra said...

I am not a graphic style person but your cards really caught my eye. Love the stamp set and the colors in your cards!

Greta said...

I don't usually lean toward graphic designs, but wow--these won me over!

Lori Turner said...

Jenny!!! Love these bold, CAS cards :) You go, girl!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are so fun! Love them.

acpriess said...

Love these. I am learning that the sentiment can be the focal point and an image isn't always necessary. These cards show that well. Nice work.

Jill Norwood said...

Love the graphic feel to both of these cards! It has been a wonderful release! :)

Debbie Nelson said...

Great colors...love them all! Thank you for sharing!

Peggy said...

Ok, I am going to have to go back and place "another" order, lol!! I am loving your cards and the Accent It Labels and Tabs dies!

susy said...

Oh my goodness, I need those accent it dies :-)

Craftyfield said...

Love these geometric designs, they're so striking and different !

Cindi said...

Beautiful cards! They are like works of art. Very creative!

Mrs. Kenco said...

The shapes are so retro looking. Cool!

Donna said...

Very striking cards- love the shapes. You've done a great job making some unique cards!

wendy said...

this are so awesome Jenny, congrat's on your first release you rocked it!

Houses Built of Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL graphic cards! They are perfect!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lisa H. said...

Jenny, I love these. They are sooo graphic and fun. Those two dies are some of my faves and you showed them off GREAT!!!

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity of the accent stamp and die set. Sometimes we can forget how a simply designed card can be just as effective as one that has a lot of bells and whistles to it! Thanks for your creativity!

Monique1971 said...

Hi Jenny, glad you had fun! Love the retro feeling of your cards. Beautiful :o)

Jackie said...

Just fabulous! These feel so art deco and chic, I just love the pops of colors you used too!

1aquagirl said...

Love the simplicity of these cards with the chicken coop emboss!

Tracey said...

Absolutely love your cards. You rocked that accent die.

jan farnworth said...

wow love how you showed off that die.

Lena95469 said...

love the simplicity and the primary colors. Awesome cards!

Cyndi said...

Love the bold colors

Sue D said...

Very colorful and eye catching!

Tonya said...

These are wonderful. I love the artsy look they have. You really showcased these dies well.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Love how you used these geometrical shapes as focal point of card. That embossed background worked perfect with it too. Smooches...

Annheidel said...

Cool designs!

stampingbowd said...

What fun projects! Love this clean graphic style and great colors!

Michele Boyer said...

Love this clean, graphic look! FAB!

Liz said...

Great color fun cards
Lovethe reveal

Janeen said...

what fun and bright cards. i like how you blinged the one accent. it really adds doesn't it? thank you.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving these modern, graphic cards! Wonderful!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant - bright, modern, love the graphic shapes!

Paula Laird said...

Awesome graphic cards! These are so hard for me, but yours are fantastic! Love them!

Ben@Kincaid said...

Wow...i really like your cards! Love the colors, shapes and embossing. very eye catching.